Costing is an important aspect which will either drive you to go for a guest house or can even stun your dream of starting a guest house. But whatever may be the final result, costing needs to be done properly as you don’t want to start a guest house with incomplete cost analysis. So you should count out these points:
- Expenditure spent on legal aspects and insurance.
- Construction or re-decoration of the property.
- Expenditure on Front desk & Lobby
- Decoration of Rooms which includes furniture, curtains, TV, mini-bar, washroom equipment’s.
- Electricity set-up (Lighting, Air-conditions, Security alarms)
- Pbax & Internet connection setup.
- Setting up an in-house restaurant (optional)
- Salary of the employees.
- Property tax, Municipal tax, Property registration tax.
Well I have mentioned all the basic requirements but chances are that you might find more points apart from the above list.